It really has been curry central at ISPP HQ recently! Whenever I’m stuck for something to cook I find myself gravitating back towards curries so I decided to give in and just cook another one! This cauliflower carrot curry has the added bonus of having some awesome alliteration in the title which doesn’t really impact on the flavour but is fun nonetheless!
Hearty, warming curries are really hitting the spot in this weather for me, filling me up and thawing me out from some of those chilly winds we’ve had lately. I love all the colour in this particular curry too! So, let’s see what’s in it!
- Medium onion
- 3 cloves garlic
- 2tbs fresh ginger
- 1tbs coconut oil
- 2tsp curry powder
- 2tsp cumin
- 1tsp ground coriander
- Half a cauliflower
- 2 carrots
- Can of coconut milk
- 3 tomatoes
- 3 cups spinach
- Can of chickpeas
- Fresh coriander
- Dice the onion, mince the garlic and grate the ginger
- Heat the coconut oil in a large frypan, add the onion and cook until translucent
- Add the garlic and ginger and cook for another 2 minutes
- Add the spices and stir through, cooking for a further 2 minutes
- Roughly chop the cauliflower and slice the carrots and add to the pan. Stir to coat in the onion mix
- Pour in the coconut milk, stir and reduce the heat to a simmer. Cover and cook for 10-15 minutes, stirring occasionally, until the cauliflower is cooked through
- Roughly chop the tomatoes and add to the pan with the spinach and the drained and rinsed chickpeas. Stir and cook for another 10 minutes
- Serve with fresh coriander to sprinkle on top
When making curries it’s always worth taking the time to cook the onion and garlic with the spices before you add any liquid as it really helps to deepen the flavour. If you put the spices in at the same time as the coconut milk they can get a little lost, so even though it might add a few minutes to the cook time the end result is so much better.
Like most of the curries I share here, this one is also perfect for freezing so it’s worth making a big batch to pop some away for a later evening when you just don’t feel like cooking! Much better than waiting around for takeaway (or just eating toast for tea!).
Are you a curry fan too? This cauliflower carrot curry will hit the spot, I promise!
[inlinkz_linkup id=519135 mode=1]