I’m trying to make the most of the gorgeous fresh summer produce while it’s still around and this salad is a prime example of that. It uses not one but three different kinds of peas and the dressing, whilst being simple, still manages pack a delicious flavour punch. It’s the ideal summer salad for a BBQ! So here goes, my pea, mint & goats cheese salad!
One of my favourite things about this salad is that it only takes a few minutes to prepare, so it’s ideal for those warm summer nights when you’re short on time but still want something delicious to eat. Plus, given the abundance of these ingredients at the moment it’s nice and cheap too!
- 200g snow peas
- 200g sugar snap peas
- 2 cups peas (freshly podded or frozen)
- 2 cups baby spinach and rocket
- 75g mung sprouts
- 100g goats cheese
- 1 cup mint leaves
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1tsp honey
- 1tsp seeded mustard
- 3tbs olive oil
- Juice of a lemon
- Chop the tops off the snow peas and sugar snap peas
- Bring a large saucepan of water to boil and cook the peas for 2 minutes. Add the snow peas and sugar snap peas and boil for a further 2 minutes.
- Drain and rinse thoroughly under cold water then set aside to cool completely
- To make the dressing mince the garlic and whisk together with the remaining dressing ingredients, then season with salt.
- To assemble the salad layer the spinach and rocket on your serving dish, top with the cooled peas then top with the mung sprouts. Crumble over the goats cheese, sprinkle the mint leaves on top then drizzle with the dressing
I love the added crunch the mung sprouts add to the salad and the fresh mint is always welcome in my books! This salad is definitely one of the freshest, tastiest dishes I’ve whipped up in a while and I’m definitely going to be making it again while peas are still in abundance! You can’t go wrong with goats cheese either!
The combination of lemon juice, olive oil, honey and mustard in the dressing is a classic for a reason, it adds a delicious element to the salad without overpowering the sweet, fresh peas, and a little bit goes a long way so there’s no need to drown your salad in it. Deeeelicious!
Are you a pea fan? Fancy trying my pea, mint & goats cheese salad?
[inlinkz_linkup id=501314 mode=1]