This zucchini pea pasta dish is one of the easiest I have shared in all my years of blogging! It’s also one of my absolute go-to dishes when I want a super quick but also super tasty dinner. That makes it perfect for a mid-week meal as you can have it on the table in no time. It’s also an excellent way to use that pasta and frozen peas you might have on hand at the moment!
- Pasta for four
- 2 large zucchini
- 3 cloves garlic
- Extra virgin olive oil
- 1.5 cups peas
- Dried chilli flakes (to taste)
- 1/4 cup mint leaves
- Parmesan style cheese
- Salt and pepper
- Cook pasta according to package directions, drain – reserving 1 cup of the pasta water – and set aside
- Meanwhile, grate the zucchini
- Mince the garlic
- Heat some oil in a frypan and add the zucchini and garlic, stirring to combine. Cook for 4-5 minutes
- Add the peas and cook for 3-4 minutes, until peas a tender
- Add the pasta, juice and zest of the lemon, chilli flakes and half the mint, stir well to combine
- Pour in enough of the pasta water to enable you to easily toss and coat the pasta with the zucchini mixture. Cook for 2 minutes
- Serve with remaining mint, cheese and season with salt a pepper
That’s all there is to this zucchini pea pasta! You can probably understand why it’s such a staple mid-week dish for me! If I have some bread lying around I often make some crotons to go on top too because I do love a bit of crunch. You can seriously whip this zucchini pea pasta up in under 20 minutes, which is vital on days I have limited energy left for dinner prep.
Even though it’s ready in a flash, this dish isn’t lacking in flavour either. The combo of lemon, chilli and mint all add something excellent to this dish. You can use either fresh or frozen peas too – whatever you have on hand. Which for me is pretty much always frozen peas!